A Raise for America
Creates more than 8 million good jobs by 2018.
Increases functionality of Worker Protection Agencies.
Includes a four percent raise for federal workers.
Provides Paid Leave Initiative and Child Care.
Supports a minimum wage increase and Collective Bargaining.
Fair Corporate Taxes
Eliminates the ability of U.S. corporations to defer taxes on offshore profits.
Ends corporate inversions that allow U.S. companies to merge offshore to avoid taxes.
Enacts a Financial Transaction Tax on various financial market transactions.
Ends unlimited executive pay tax write-offs.
Protecting our Environment
- Closes tax loopholes and ends subsidies provided to oil, gas and coal companies.
- Enacts a price on carbon pollution without hurting low-income families.
- Invests in clean and renewable energy and green manufacturing.
Austerity to Prosperity
Repeals sequester and all Budget Control Act spending caps.
Increases discretionary funding to invest in working families.
Reverses harmful cuts and enhances social safety net.
Invests in veterans, women, communities of color and their families.
Educational Opportunities for Every Student
Provides debt-free college to every student.
Allows refinancing of student loans.
Invests in K-12 and provides free pre-school.
- Modernizes our defense posture to create sustainable baseline defense spending.
- Ends emergency funding for Overseas Contingency Operations.
- Increases funding for diplomacy and invests in job transition programs.
Public Financing of Campaigns
- Funds public financing of campaigns to curb special interest influence in politics.
Fair Individual Taxes
Equalizes tax rates for investment income and income from work.
Returns to Clinton-era tax rates for households making over $250,000 and implements new brackets for those making over $1 million.
Expands the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Care Credit.
- Repeals excise tax on high-priced workers plans and replaces with public option. Implements drug price negotiation for Medicare.
- Reauthorizes Children’s Health Insurance Program.
- Allows states to transition to single-payer health care systems.
Comprehensive Immigration Reform
- Implements comprehensive immigration reform, including a pathway to citizenship.
ACCESS TO HOUSING
- Fully funds programs to make housing affordable and accessible for all Americans.